Monday 14 January 2013

On tour / Off tour

Willard: [voiceover] Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle.  When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. [grabs at flying insect]  I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer. Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter.
Yeah, its not easy being off the road for any length of time. You try to rest a little and maybe catch up on all the thousands of things that need doing, then before you know it the phone rings and a voice says "Can you go to Madrid today?" or "Can you go to rehearsals in Brixton right now and just do whatever they ask? You'll be back in 14 weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment